Git is a very popular distributed revision control system with an emphasis on speed. Recently for my projects I need to setup up a private Git Setup on Webfaction Server. So here is the way to Install and start using Git on Webfaction.
How to Install Git on Webfaction
- Log into your Webfaction Control Panel
- Navigate toÂ Domains/Websites Â» Applications
- ClickÂ Add New
- EnterÂ git as the application name in theÂ Name field
- SelectÂ git from theÂ App category menu
- Enter a password for the default user in theÂ Extra Info field
- Click theÂ Create button
The Git application provides a subdirectory,Â bin, which contains the Git executables.